Felt great overall. Kind of slow due to the icy conditions, but form felt great and smooth overall. A little left knee IT pain at the end of the run. WTF? Really felt like I had the right form throughout. Strange.
Tried out the Mizuno Wave Ronins yesterday. These are my next shoes. Feel much better with lower heel and flatter cushion these days. More cushion for me = sloppy form. The Ronins felt perfect, same fit as the Precision 10's, but without the heel lift and less cushion and A LOT lighter...almost as light as the Lunaracers without the narrow forefoot. I may transition even more minimal to the Mushas after the Ronins....no heel to speak of. WTH?
Been a crappy running month between the weather, Christmas and the damn viral pink eye making its way through the the house. I am almost close to putting in half the mileage in December as November. I did a few Elliptical augmentations however that at least kept the fitness status quo, but the low mileage has taken its toll. My HR for a given pace is certainly higher than it was through November. It is amazing how lower volume has had such an effect on me. For now I am just going to try to MAF my way back to form keeping the HR just under 150 which I think is my proper MAF HR. I will add a few progression runs and pickups periodically to spice things up.
Got to get something regular going.
No comments:
Post a Comment