Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday 10/16/2009

Easy run after work. Intended to run before work, but just could not get myself out of bed. It was not that I was tired or anything, it was just more comfortable not moving. So, figured I would fit in a run right after our bi-weekly leadership marathon meeting; today was no exception as there was an extra hour tacked on to the already 2 hour slot. 3 hours...holy crap. So, after 3 hours I figured I could bang out a quick 4-5 at 2pm. Well, this did not happen as sometimes happens in hospitals an emergency required another meeting. So, never got out. Fortunately KT had a good day with all kids in school for the first time in 2 weeks and she was therefore more than willing to let me get one in after getting home.

Headed out in search of the "gnarliest" Louisville trails so as to test the 100's. I pretty much zig-zagged around town into the open space by the Louisville Rez and then across So Boulder to the hills on lower Davidson Mesa hitting just about every steep incline and rocky trails I could link together from home. Overall not much zip today and I definitely was noticing the dearth of padding on the shoes during my concrete connections. I also had neuroma problems again on my left foot. Hopefully  will be able to fix this with different lacing strategies and/or a sock change. Regardless, the shoes performed well off road with great grip and traction on the ups and downs. I am still looking forward to getting them out to some gnarlier terrain in the foothills sometime this weekend.

6 miles with an average of just under 9 minute pace. GPS Data Here....

1 comment:

GZ said...

That back hill on the Davidson Mesa is an old favorite of mine. Good for shorter repeats.