More progress today; took another minute off of my MAF 5-mile test. Final two miles were exactly at 9:00min miles, decent progress over last week. Funny, I did not expect much from today since I had two days of fairly hard workouts that left my hip and inner thigh sore. But, felt great overall today and the pace was just faster. I did have an un-interrupted night of sleep last night; I did still get up by about 5:20am to bang out some work.
Ran the same loop in a total time of 43.45 for a pace of 8:48 for the entire run with an average HR of 144 for the entire run.
Here is the progression again:
Week #1 9:14
Week #2 9:09
Week #3 8:54 / 44:43
Week #4 8:48 / 43:45 (today)
I will be moving back to the HR-based training from RW that I was following before embarking on this 4-week block. We will see...
No comments:
Post a Comment