Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Tuesday 10/06/2009

6.62 miles total with a 2 mile tempo near the end of the run. 10k in 47 even, 2 mile tempo in 13:26. Total time of 50:19.

Ran in the Lunar racers today with out the insoles. They felt mostly ok for the first 5 or so but after that I got a few hot spots. Callous under my left big toe was sore near the end of the run.

Overall great run. Amazing weather. Perfect for running.

4 comments:

Lucho said...

Why no insoles? Sorry if you've talked about this before. The Lunar (both racer and trainer) are the best shoes ever made. Did the i-pod hole bother you?

Chris Lee said...

Mostly because the Lunars are a little narrow for my feet and have been causing blisters on the outside edge of my big toe. I have been trying different combinations of thin socks, no socks, etc. No insoles with thin socks works great for the shorter runs so far. The i-pod hole has really not been a problem; felt weird the first time without insoles but I got used to it I guess.

Just wish they were a little wider in the forefoot. If they were they would be perfect for me! Can't believe how light they are!

Looking forward to reading about your Leadville experience.

Lucho said...

My neuroma flared up because the Lunarracers are a bit too tight in the forefoot for me too. I was bummed. I even bought a full size larger. I would skip the first eyelets (by the toes)with the laces which helped to loosen them a bit.
I'm looking forward to what I'll be writing about Leadville.

Chris Lee said...

I'll give that a try this week. I would rather have the inserts as they are a tad uncomfortable with the stitching.

There is a light, neutral shoe out there for me somewhere! Maybe I will just keep running my Mizuno Precision 8's until the soles fall off...