Tuesday, January 06, 2009

3.57 Miles - Run home from work

First day of running home. Brought clothes for tomorrow so that I can run to work in the morning as well. Took the most direct route that I could think of, amazingly it was only 3.57 miles which I covered in just under 30 minutes. Funny as this is barely over 20 minutes longer than driving the car. Definitely want to do this a few more times but it seems that this little experiment could be a success. Maybe I could do this on two days or so for a total of a minimum of 4 trips through the week. There are plenty of ways to make the run a bit longer or a lot longer. Just adding a little over 15 minutes will add over 2 miles one way to the commute which is awesome. This may be the way to get a bunch more miles in during the week without taking more from the family or work for that matter. An extra 15 or so minutes at the beginning and end of each day is surely not a lot and it seems better to tag on the runs at the beginning/end of the day without having to worry about a run in the middle of the day. Honestly I am barely able to get three of these work runs in a week and these are usually between 4 and 5 miles with a max of just over 6 on a quiet day. Eliminating the middle of the day distraction may be a great benefit. We will see.

No comments: