Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oatmeal Festival Race Report - 5K





Well, I need a little speed work. I finished the race in an unofficial 21:25 or so for a total distance of 3.14 according to my Garmin. I had a decent pace off of the start, probably in the mid 6's for awhile, but the subtle uphill progression slowed me down on the way to Waneka Lake. Unfortunately I did not adequately leverage the downhills on the way back as I was keeping it in the high to mid-6's where I should have been in the low 6's. I just think I slowed down too much on the little inclines and just did not push hard enough. My overall pace came in around what my BB08 was last year, so I should have had a bit more speed. 

Regardless, a very fun race with great family (me in the goofy blue hat) support. Had a wonderful cheering section near the finish. Even saw my boss there! 

No matter what, it is good to get a race under my belt so early in 09. 

Some details:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your banner photo. Is that a poop hut? 'Hey buddy, got any reading material. ... Spare a square?'

Keep up those miles, brother!

huck

Anonymous said...

Love your banner photo. Is that a poop hut? 'Hey buddy, got any reading material. ... Spare a square?'

Keep up those miles, brother!

huck

Chris Lee said...

Actually, it is some leftover mining shack at the top of Imogene Pass in Telluride. I encountered it during my Imogene Pass Run back in 07. Me and Ed Storey did it together. Unbelievable experience.

There was a hut just a little lower from the summit, they would have had to chain the thing down with the wind!

Keep running!