I think it is time to pull the trigger on the 2009 race reason. For many reasons, 2009 will focus on speed and short workouts. It seems I am still struggling with a bum knee...it right IT is still on and off. I need to figure out my gait, the right shoes and all of this may result in a trip to Rodgers again. Regardless, I can I run at least 7 or so with little to know pain as long as long as my technique is ok. Plus, the time required for a real marathon attempt is just too great for me right now with the kids. Maybe in 2010 when the kids are old enough to get themselves up it would be better for me to have the focus to train the way I really want to, i.e. 40-50 miles with at least 2-3 21 milers through a training session.
Anyway, 2009 will be focused on 5K's, 10K's and maybe a half at the end of the summer. This means that for the most part my runs will max out at 13 or so miles with a 15 or two through the summer. Much different than the marathon where every run on the weekends is no shorter than 13-15. The added benefit should allow me to get faster over the shorter distances which should translate nicely to a good 2010 season. Maybe a Boston may even be a bit more realistic.
2 comments:
Although we have differences in culture, but do not want is that this view is the same and I like that!
I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!
Other Net
Post a Comment