Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tempo run from work

Did a great tempo today at work. Had some lingering pain in my left foot just below the inside ankle. Seemed to be in the exact spot I used to get pain when I ran in Asics a few years ago. This may make sense as I did an 8miler in my Asics Trail shoes on Saturday. I ran with the Superfeet and had double-tied them presumably tieing them too tight. It did not really hurt until the morning after my 5miler on Monday which I ran in the Brooks. So, went back to the my stability road shoes which have a little medial posting whereas the Brooks and the Asics are neutral.
 
Anyway, the stabilities felt great overall. They really seem to hug my feel really well and seem to have great forefoot cushioning. The run itself was very cold to start, but I warmed up fairly quickly. Did a typical mile warmup in around 8 minutes with some stretching. Then I went into a tempo which was intented to be about 20 minutes or so. Started the tempo at the Public Road trailhead and ran all the way to the intersection of 287 on 42. Most of the Coal Creek Trail I ran around a 7 minute mile to a bit slower, the hill up to Aquarious Trail Head was a bit brutal and I even walked for about 15-20 or so seconds to the top of the hill. Forced myself to run again and quickly regained my pace. I smoked 42 as it has a slight decline and decided that I may as well push on for a 5k. Ended up finishing the tempo in 22:08 in an average pace of 7:08. Not bad for not really pushing it. Mostly felt comfortable with no real pain throughout. I did feel a little tightness in the right knee which probably would have started hurting in the next mile or so. The foot felt great and quickly warmed up at the beginning of the run. My HR for the 5K was 177 average. The overall run average pace was 7:35 for 4.69 miles and 545 calories. Overally average HR was 168 with a max of 184.
 
Successful run overall.

No comments: