Made a point to keep the Garmin under the jacket and reversed so as not to get the damn thing wet. It seems that the thing is not only not water resistant, but more of a sponge. This allowed me to run on feel.
Overall pace of around 8:30 or so for 6 even with a little build near the end in the low 8's and some high 7's thrown in.
Not a bad run, great to get it out of the way in the morning. The kids are finally sleeping late enough that I can realistically start moving my runs to the morning. This will be key to me finally adding miles as long as I leave early enough to get back just before 7am to get breakfast ready. Looks like I may not have the family as my excuse for much longer. Certainly I would prefer to run in the light of day at work, but it is so much more efficient to get it done in the morning...and, if I get up early enough I could conceivably starting seeing 7 mile-10 mile runs before work. This would be nice. Probably could add a double or two during the week at work as well.
Ran in the old Mizunos this morning. Overall felt ok except for the freakin callous on my big right toe right on the joint. I think this is the main result of moving to a less supportive/thinner shoe as there really is not much cushion under foot whereas the bigger, thicker sneaks seem to shield me from this problem. Need to figure out some solution to this as it is getting really annoying!
2 comments:
Welcome back -- to running or blogging or the combination.
Good on ya for getting it done early. I have been feeling the extra gravitational pull around the rack in the AM and not getting out.
Post a Comment