Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Tuesday 2-2-2010 tempo today

Did about a 7 mile tempo today after a 5 mile MAF yesterday and an 11 miler on Sunday. Kept the HR around 160 or under for the most of the run...took about 2 miles to get the HR in range. Through this I noticed that my splits were in the mid-sevens...for entire run. I never slowed even with the long stretch up 104th with a slight headwind. Definite progress over the last few weeks. I did this exact same run about 2 weeks ago but average around 8:20 for the run whereas today I averaged 7:36 overall with a average HR of 156 for the whole run. Thanks Lucho! Now, like Zack; I just need to stay healthy and add distance for the next few weeks.

Mizuno Ronin flats are working out great even on the long run on Sunday. Love the lack of heal and the close to the ground feel. These are definitely keeping the form honest. Strangely enough I am not feeling as beat up after my runs with these things most because I think my form is a lot better in them. I did feel a bit of an IT twinge on the right side which is typical for me in these longer runs. This will improve as I am able to hold form longer and longer into these runs. This is why I am adding mileage slowly this year.

Average MAF pace over the last three weeks:
#1 9:14
#2 9:09
#3 8:54 / 44:43 


Activity Details for Untitled

2 comments:

GZ said...

Nice improvement Chris!

Chris Lee said...

yes, and it came from running slower!