Tried a workout structured somewhat off of GZ. Thought it would be an interesting workout with an opportunity to hit it fast with a decent break. Rested between 60 and 90 seconds between most of the repeats. The first set and half of the second were into the wind and a bit uphill at the CTC. The second half of the second and the third were mostly downhill with a tail-wind. The hardest 3 was the middle where I maintained around 6:24 whereas the easy one was just under 6 minutes. Felt great overall, had a short, smooth gait with a quick stride. Felt natural and fast overall.
The right knee started out a bit sore but subsided as I warmed up to the point where I did not even notice it about 10 minutes into the run. Actually, it never felt worse as the day went on either which is good.
Tomorrow is K's 38th, so this will be a rest day. Looking forward to it for sure.
Lots of great posts out there recently. NYT article on Matt Carpenter was particularly great. What great motivation that buy provides, to still be killing it at 44 is amazing. I can only hope my improvement progression extends that far.
A couple of misc stuff; 12 chin-ups and 2 sets of the RW core workout.
May 2026 Wrap Up
2 months ago
1 comment:
Nice. I like the portability of this workout. 18 minutes of hard running, anywhere ... easy to break it on down too.
Post a Comment