Saturday, February 07, 2009

Easy 5 in the mountains

Did an easy 5 at 9000 feet today in Dillon. The run was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I thought it would be easy...even had hopes of hitting 10 or so. But, laziness got the best of me. Or, maybe I just wanted to get back before the movie ended that the kids were watching. I had a feeling that they would be challenging after the 3 hours they spend skiing lift 7 at Loveland (and the grandparents did not deserve this!).

Amazing day at the slopes. First day I actually skied next to and behind the boys as they navigated their way down the trail on their own. Nothing like seeing them learn a new skill, especially one that has been such a big part of my life. One of my first dreams about parenthood was one of skiing with my kids. We are now 1 day closer to skiing together all over the mountain. My 3 year old (the boys are 6) was even turning today ... On her own! Wow.

Anyway, back to the run. Started feeling a lot better after about 4 miles. Actually, I could have added a few more had I had a bit more motivation... And did not have the kids alone with the grandrents...

Regardless, it was a textbook recovery week. Down to 4 runs from 5, from around 30 down to around 20. Still a bit pathetic, but better nonetheless. Sticking to building base with some strides. Will add some 400's or 800's and maybe some 20" hill sprints. Back to 5 runs for sure.

Need the running to stay motivated (and sane) everywhere else.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: