Still working on planning out the year. I think I have happened on the way I will be able to keep my mileage up this year while balancing family and work life...running to and from work. Did 4 trips this past week to and from work where I brought in clothes on Tuesday and Thursday, ran home both of these days and then ran to work on Weds and Friday. This worked great. When I was cramped to get in for an 8am meeting, all I needed to do was leave the house around 7:10am for the 4mile trip. This allowed about 30-35 minutes for the run (depending on place as I did a tempo one of the trips with an avg pace of about 7:20 or so) and then plenty of time to clean up and get dressed. I should be easily able to grow the mileage just by adding a bit to the runs.
My goals over the next month or so it to hit the 30 mile mark consistently. For some reason this has proven more difficult than I would have thought. Last week I was close and this week I will just miss it again. But, I am happy with being more consistent with greater mileage as I hit 100 miles in January which is only the 6th time in the past 12 months that I have exceeded 100 miles in a month. The other times the great mileage was around the ramp up to Denver.
No comments:
Post a Comment