Saturday, February 07, 2009

New and kind of new gear today

First run with the Nathan 008 backpack. Maybe will take a little getting used to. Like the ease of water access vs the hassle of my Amphipod bottles. Also preferred having the gear on my back rather than constantly moving around my waste...something about carrying 50+ ounces on my back is very appealing compared to the less than 30 I can carry with the belt. Just bought myself another hour! The front pockets are great as well. The only gripe at this point is the feeling of my breathing being restrained with the straps around my waste. Probably just need to futze a bit more with the various straps. Will try the pack on my work commutes without the bladder. May be better to carry the berry, wallet and additional crap I might need.

5th run with the Pumas today. Still feeling nice...had to switch out the factory inserts for my old Brooks. My feet feel tired after running in them. I think they are almost as flexible as the my old Frees, but with more cushion. I think my feet are just getting stronger. Or, they are just tired from my snug Technicas!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: