Thursday, June 25, 2009

Great quote

Am in the midst of reading not one but two books about running at once. My wife as usual just rolls her eyes, but it was her who facilitated the purchase of both. I just could not wait to finish one before starting the other.

The first one I started was Once a Runner by John Parker. I have been wanting to read this book for a long time, but I was unwilling to fork over the 100+ for a used copy of the original self-published book. Fortunately the book was finally re-released as a hard-copy.

So far I am definitely enjoying the book more than thought I would. More on this after I finish, but overall I am really loving the read.










The second book I am reading is Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. The is a much different book, a real page turner for sure. I am not reading this one before bed as I am sure it will keep me up into the wee hours until it is done... I will probably write a bit more of a review after I finish it, but in the meantime here is a qoute of a quote of a quote in the book...originally uttered by William James, pasted into the end of Scott Jurek's emails and then repeated in this book by McDougall...love the quote, will have to add it to my email signature as well!

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of strength never taxed at all because we never push ourselves through the obstruction." Words to live by!

No comments: