3X1 mile with a 2 minute rest between sets. Did this in the rain. I ended up wearing my goretex Saloman Comp 4's just to see if I could keep part of my body dry. Overall they kept me dry, but they did not help my pace. They are definitely much better on the trail doing a hike rather than running hard on the pavement. Hey, maybe I can call yesterday weight training.
Overall excited to make the effort to 1. get out in the rain before work and 2. to actually follow-through on a "harder" workout alone. Overall I averaged under 7 on each of the repeats... so just slower than my goal 10K pace...but, reasonable given my current speed, the conditions and the heavy shoes. My HR was quite low on each of the repeats, so I guess I had a bit more speed left for each of these sets. Want to do this exact workout over the next couple months to test progress. I would like to regularly be down in the 6:30's for these.
- Eldora 10K - 8/2/2009
- Coal Creek Crossing 10 miler - 8/31/2009
- either the Gold Gate Trail Half Marathon (12.6 miles) or the Bolder Marathon Half - 9/20/2009. Golden Gate is a incredibly fun race with excellent climbs and views.
I may also want to add in a race in July as well. Torn between sticking to the trails and/or hills or trying to do a fast 5K or 10K. More to come.
I am thinking of 2010 as the year I jump back to the marathon. The kids will be older which will allow me a bit more morning flexibility for more running.
Hard a great trail run early Sunday morning. Did Big Blue Stem to the Towee Trail to Mesa to South Boulder Creek. Renewed my love for trail running for sure! 7.2+ miles at an average pace of 10:00minute miles with about 1100 feet of verticle. Great fun!
1 comment:
Glad to hear you are digging back into it. Lots of 5ks and 10ks around here in July but there is some great stuff in the hills too. Vail races are a blast.
Post a Comment