Excellent track workout this evening at LMS. Did 6X800 and then one 400. Generally positive splitted as I ran the first one in 3:06 or about 6:06 pace. This felt a little fast, especially since I wanted to do at least 5 or so. Also, wanted to a general
Yasso workout where the time equals my projected (dream) marathon time. So, really wanted to be between 3:20 and 3:15. Overall the remaining ones were just under 3:20 with one at 3:22. The 3:22 felt excellent and quite a bit easier than the sub 3:15 sessions. So, after doing 6 of these generally under 3:20 I am feeling that a 3:20 marathon would be possible this year...if I had the time to train for one and if my training progressed to being able to do about 10 of these. Regardless, feeling ok about the speed. Definitely wish I had done a lot more track work prior to the BB as I seem to respond well to this type of workout. Did one final 400 in 1:39 at a pace of about 6:12. Felt tired, but good.
Great post today by
GZ. Need to read this one again and let it sink in. It is right on with my current training.
2 comments:
Well, it is still sinking in here ...
Nice workout. It is beginning to bug me that we have NOT met.
I know. I have been wanting to join you on one of those time trials. Just has not happened yet.
One of these days our paths will cross.
Post a Comment