Ran a loop around Baseline Lake via So Boulder, Baseline and 76. Kept the HR under 145 for the most part; max of 150 with an average of 144. Pretty slow overall pace, but the slight inclines demanded a "slow" pace at this point in base training. Felt real smooth overall for most of the run. No knee pains, just some hotspots on the feet after about 8.5 miles. Not IT issues...even at mile 10.
Activity Details...
31.6 miles on the week in 4:44 hours. Average pace for the week was just over 9min miles compared to my average pace back on the week of the 14th of 8:16. Just goes to show how much I have slowed things down as I try to build some aerobic strength/base. I will be giving this plan a whirl for a few weeks with some MAF tests interspersed to check for progress. Excited to see what happens...if anything.
Great summary of the philosophy I am following on GZ's blog.... Check it out here...
31.6 miles on the week in 4:44 hours. Average pace for the week was just over 9min miles compared to my average pace back on the week of the 14th of 8:16. Just goes to show how much I have slowed things down as I try to build some aerobic strength/base. I will be giving this plan a whirl for a few weeks with some MAF tests interspersed to check for progress. Excited to see what happens...if anything.
Great summary of the philosophy I am following on GZ's blog.... Check it out here...
No comments:
Post a Comment