Did the 4X 15' 30' / 30' 90' intervals this morning. Felt very fluid and fast on each of the pickups. Even did the last one to a minute at a 6 minute pace with no real problems. Focused on a quick turnover and a short stride. Felt great overall. Did feel that the mile home on the concrete was a little harsh, not sure if I was over-striding again. Maybe the Mizuno's are starting to get a bit old as they are now alost 10 months old.
Overall I feel ready for tomorrow. Still shooting for a sub-20. Probably want to do the first mile in a 6:20 or so, the second in a 6:30-35 and the final in a 6:40 to just hold on. Its going to be close.
2 comments:
So, good luck in the Oatmeal Festival run, and let us know how it goes, hey?
cb
hey, my first real comment. The race went great, although I missed my target by a bit. Actually, I ran the same pace as my BB08, about 6:50 miles. So, I need a bit more work on the speed thing and maybe I need to leave a little more out on the trail. Regardless, 5K's are fun, real short and compact and easy for the family to watch.
How are you?
Post a Comment